Come Join Us at Roundtable!
Roundtable – Boy Scouts/Cub Scouts
Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner – George Boothe
Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner – Open
Venture Crew Commissioner – Dan Kubick
Boy Scout Roundtable Staff- Kevin Wills
Dane Meyer- Roundtable Staff
Grace Rapach – Roundtable Staff
1151 N. State Street
Elgin, Il 60120
Roundtable starts at 7:00pm on the second Thursday of each month
Each unit should have at least one person present at every Roundtable
Roundtables are planning meetings to assist unit-level volunteers in program development and give leaders program ideas and information on policy, events and training opportunities. Roundtables also provide leaders with a chance to share experiences and enjoy fun and fellowship with other leaders.
The Roundtable commissioners and staff demonstrate elements of a model meeting that leaders may use as a pattern for their own meetings. Supplemental training also occurs at Roundtables, including opportunities to take specific training such as Youth Protection. Who should go? Anybody involved at the unit level… Why?
- Do you want to know what events are planned – where and when – before it “trickles down” to you?
- Would you like to see Quality Unit patches on your unit’s uniform sleeves? Learn how!
- Want to know how to make a batch of fudge with your den? Don’t just get the recipe! Make it and try it out yourself!
- Got the meeting syllabus in your latest issue of Scouting magazine, but just aren’t sure how or why to use it? We can help!
- Your troop wants a new place to camp, but you’re not sure where? Hear directly from other leaders where they think are good spots – and where you should avoid…or, tell other leaders of your experiences!
- Interested in training opportunities, but aren’t sure what you or your unit needs, or when and where to go? Find out at Roundtable!
- Want to know how other leaders are handling things in their units? This is the place!
- Want to know what’s new or changing in the BSA? Yep, find out at Roundtable…
- The boys in your pack want to go camping, but you aren’t sure where to camp, who can go or what else you might need? Roundtable!
- Brand new to Scouting and just aren’t sure where to go from here? You guessed it – Roundtable!
- Been around Scouting for decades and want to make sure you’re up-to-date on the BSA – we’re here for you!
- Want to find out about things that you might not have thought of, but would be great for your unit? Roundtable is the place to learn!
- Having trouble getting or retaining boys and/or leadership for your unit? We can help!
- Not sure who does what or who the district leadership is and how they can help you? Meet them at Roundtable!
As a result of the Roundtable experience, unit leaders will be inspired, motivated and able to provide a stronger program for their Scouts. Please join us for some fun …